5 Easy and Healthy Breakfast Ideas

Mornings can be crazy busy. Running around, trying to get everything together for your long day ahead can make it difficult to eat a well-rounded breakfast. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but how many of us regularly eat breakfast, especially one that's healthy and will keep you energized for the rest of the day? *silence*.

Many people do not take time out of their mornings to energize themselves, even though they know its importance.

I want you to eat a healthy breakfast. Yes, you! The one rolling out of bed late and leaving the house with no time to spare! Here are 5 breakfast ideas that are quick, painless and will keep you energized for the day!
  1. Yogurt Parfait - This is one of my favourite breakfast foods. Simply throw together what you have in your kitchen. I use honey greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons hemp hearts, 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, some raw oats (optional) and whatever fresh fruit I have on hand! Usually I use strawberries or frozen raspberries, but any fruit works! This can also be eaten on the go, for those who have to commute (sometimes, I also bring this as my lunch for work!). Portable, no-fuss, and keeps you full until lunch.
  2. PB & Banana Toast - Great after morning workouts, or when you just need a little extra energy for the day. Toast two slices of toast. Spread on peanut butter and place sliced bananas on top!
  3. Protein Smoothie - I find smoothies time in the morning, but if you're making it and drinking on the way to work, then it works! I use 1 scoop protein powder, 3/4 cup chocolate almond milk, frozen raspberries and 1 banana. I find smoothies aren't as filling, so I always eat it with one slice of toast as well to stay full until lunch.
  4. Oatmeal - A delicious, quick breakfast idea! I boil water and pour that over instant oats. They cook quickly with just boiling water from the kettle! Then, add your fav mix-ins. Need ideas? Some of my best combos are brown sugar and pecans, sliced apple and cinnamon, and peanut butter with strawberry jam.
  5. Toasted Bagel - If I'm in a rush, I'll go for a bagel. Topped with jam or cream cheese, bagels make every day brighter. It may not be the healthiest option, but it is fast and is good for those people too rushed for anything else!
These are some of my regular weekday breakfasts. What are your favourite easy and healthy breakfast ideas?

Comments

Popular Posts