Keeping a Positivity Journal Could Change Your Life


Have you ever seen those people who are constantly smiling? Who always seem to be content with their lives and always see the best in others? Don't you wish that you could be one of those people?

What do they have that you don't? A positive outlook on life.

Keeping a positivity journal changed my life, and it could change yours too. At the beginning of this year, I came up with the idea of writing in a "positivity journal" each day. I had been gifted an agenda. I was already in use of a different agenda on a regular basis, so I had thought and thought about what to do with the extra one. Then, I came up with the perfect idea; The Positivity Journal.

My goal was simple: each day, write down one positive thing that happened. Sometimes it's a funny conversation, sometimes it's a big win, sometimes it's just a reason I am thankful. No matter how bad of a day, it was my responsibility to think of one good thing and write it down.

I am now into my fifth month of doing this, and boy has it changed me! I've never thought of myself as a negative person, but there have been days when it was very difficult to think of something good to write down. This process has allowed me to become more conscious about the positive things that are going on in my life. I feel like I have more positive energy and a better outlook on life. It also reminds me of the little things in life that make me happy. This practice changed my outlook on life and has helped me become happier and more optimistic than ever-before.

Here are some benefits to starting a positivity journal of your own:
  • Become more aware of the positive things happening in your life
  • Have a chance to reflect at the end of the day
  • It only takes a few minutes to do! (Literally. It only takes two minutes tops. You can do this.)
  • At the end of the year (or anytime you are having a rough day) you can look back at your journal to see all the fun things you did or memories you made  
But how do you start? Go get yourself an agenda, or a notebook and start writing! For me, I like the agenda, because it makes me commit to at least a year of writing positive notes. But choose whatever works for you! Honestly, this is one of the best habits I've ever created. It makes me a happier and more positive version of myself. I believe that it can do the same for you too! Now go out there, grab a pen, and write down your positive story/event/conversation of the day!

Comments

Popular Posts